Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Venice Italy

What a lovely city. It would be very difficult to live in,,can you imagine getting in a boat to go to the grocery store?? I can not!! Especially on a rainy or windy day. 
When we arrived on Wednesday night around 11 pm. We are both exhausted neither of us had slept much on the flight. As we are checking in, we are SPOTTED  by Jack in the bar!!! EGHADS !!! So we had to go in and have ONE glass of wine, which did turn into 2 but we had a good time. It was kind of like the 'lull' before the storm. All the Deloitte guys are very stressed on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, hoping all clients are happy and comfortable.  So it was nice to have an hour to just get ready.


The conference went very well, as it always does. It is a great time for everyone. On Friday I went on a walking tour of secret gardens of Venice. While it was nice--it could have been about 2 hours long instead of 4 HOURS !!! The tour guide let some of the ladies look too dang long at roses. I mean they were pretty, but once you have seen them WHAT more is that to look at?  Needless to say my patience was wearing thin by 1 pm. We had a nice luncheon at a wonderful hotel down from our hotel.


The black tie event on Friday evening was very nice. We all boarded boats in long dresses, and heels---that is NOT easy people!!-- but it was the only way to get there!!  We arrived at this monastery on its own island. The place is hundreds of years old, and gorgeous.  Violins were serenading us during our cocktail hour and it was so much fun to see friends from years gone by. 


Deb and I on Saturday morning boated over to Peggy Guggenheim's collection of art that is in Venice. She was quite the lady--good friends with Jackson Pollock, and many more artist's.  It was a small collection but we were very glad we did it. I can not figure that Jackson Pollock out, he just seems to sling paint on a canvas and call it ART !!?? I was talking to this one lady at lunch about it one day---come to find out SHE is an artist---and she was trying to tell me the importance of his ART !!! She told me what a unique way it was to display colors!!!  I had seen that wonderful display of 'colors' when my kids were young!! I am not sure I will EVER 'get this'.....
Do you see the ART in this??? 


Well if you do,,,, let me know your thoughts??? 



It is nice to be home but was very weird to come to the house with out a dog to greet me. He is due home now within the hour. I can not wait to see him, with Steve gone too, it is really lonely here. I did not get to sleep last night until 5 this morning, but did sleep until 11 am. I am staying up all day today for sure and NOT going to sleep. Plus once Ralphie gets home him and I will go for a few walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment