So I had Trapper, Shane, and two other wonderful guys, Scott, and Jeff here. What is my favorite place to take people here in Tokyo,,,,,??? Everyone knows it is Tsukji fish market !!! So We waited until their last day----Wednesday thinking,, get them up early do Tsukji and then put them on a bus to the airport. They would sleep like babies on the way to DC!! Yeah,, that sounds like a plan.
So dawn comes about 4 am here in the Far East,,,,and I had told them the night before,,, ETD,,,5:15. We will be at the Fish Market at 5:30 AM !! Fine, they all said. I was up and around at 4:30 ,,, so excited to take new people to this amazing place!!! They guys all were up, and sure enough met me at the door dressed and raring to go at 5:15 am !!! Even Steve had gotten up with out a problem !!!
On our way down the path to the subway ,,, Steve says to me,,, "hope they are open!!".. OMG,, this is the FIRST I had even THOUGHT of them NOT being open !!! It was Obon week,, or Golden Week here in Japan when they were here. That is a holiday the Japanese celebrate pretty religiously,, but SURELY the SUSHI has to GO ON !!! I tell Steve to BE QUIET,,,, (ok I said shut up!!!) but we trekked on anyway !!
Out of the subway we popped, and looked at the temple,, took some pictures, and as we got closer, it seemed so DEAD around this area !!! Usually it is hopping with people, fish, knives, trucks, styrofoam coolers, carts, etc. NOTHING !! ZIPPO !! DEAD !!! Yes people,, TSUKJI WAS CLOSED !!! I was so bummed, and not sure I have gotten over it yet !!!
I had built this place up to be the most amazing place they had EVER SEEN,,,, (and that is NOT a lie,, because it IS) ,, needless to say we were ALL BUMMED !!
We trekked back home to McD's and had our selves some breakfast. I was still bummed out and it was 6 AM now !!! There bus did not leave until 11 am from our house. They were real troopers about it and did not make me feel as bad as I did feel, but I had to lay down!! I went back to bed until about 9 am woke up, and they were out galavanting around Tokyo.
Needless to say it was not the way I wanted to send them off from Tokyo,, but not much else I could do about it.
Thanks Guys for hanging in there, and NEXT TIME you COME I will make SURE TSUKJI is OPEN !!
No comments:
Post a Comment