Wednesday, May 23, 2012

No pictures just yet

I am too tired to mess with it. We changed and went to Odiaba today, and I am glad we did. The weather yesterday was horrid!! Rained all day long, we ended up going to the 100 yen store, which is always interesting. There are things in there you do NOT need but really THINK you must have, PLUS lots of things you can not figure out what they are for!! Always good for some laughs.

So today was Odiaba and the weather was picture perfect. We shopped around Venus Fort area, went to the Toyota test drive center, where the kids were able to test drive some 'slightly' hybrid cars--you had to pump them with your legs!! Looked like a lot of work to me. But they enjoyed it. 
McDonalds for lunch and more walking around Odiaba. It really is a beautiful area on the other side of Tokyo bay.  One thing I would NOT do EVER again is this global science/technology museum type building. I will tell you more about it when I post pictures, but we sat thru this 25 minute film titled Tender is the Night. There was a 3-D type screen, and we gathered our English headsets, and found comfy chairs, glad to sit down and relax for a while. 3rd graders could have done better than what this was. I knew some of it would be 'lost in translation',, but NOTHING like this was. "Every one has a night, night falls on men, old ladies, even children EVERY day.....it falls in Australia,,,, New Orleans, .......... blahhhh blahhhhh blahhhh!!!". It was comical at first but then it just became ridiculous!!! This is a HUGE ---fairly new place--- with no money spared on the building!! They should be ashamed of putting something like that out for the public!! However, perhaps the Japanese loved it because they love to sleep, and THIS would put you to sleep!! On top of the horrible voice of the lady doing the translation, the PICTURES were the SAME thing,,, stars at night!! THE ENTIRE 25 MINUTES!! Did I tell you this was stupid?? Afterwards Eli even commented sarcastically----"does anyone have a tissue, that was so emotional!!!"  ha ha,, Summed up our feeling EXACTLY!! 

I am headed to bed we have a big 2 days as we near the end of their trip.  We leave for Kyoto early in the morning, all of us, Steve is going too!! We are spending one night there and 2 full afternoons of as much as we can cram in!!!
Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment