Saturday, May 26, 2012

Kyoto

We had a great time in Kyoto. The fast bullet train was just perfect. We first went to the hotel, dropped our bags off--started touring. Our first stop was the Golden Pavilion. It was just gorgeous. Neither Bo or I had seen this before and it was not disappointing at all.  Tons of classes were out and about in their school uniforms. They kept shouting "hello!!" to us, they loved seeing foreigners. They especially loved Olivia, and several wanted their pictures with her. So she may show up on some yearbooks here in Japan. It was all so much fun. 

We had a wonderful steak dinner on Thursday night. Filled with garlic chips and wonderful kobe beef. We were all pretty tired from a long day of stomping around Kyoto. 

Olivia and Eli with a class doing the "V" sign like true Japanese

 Beautiful gardens
Golden Pavilion in Kyoto

 You can tell I loved it


 Cyndi and Bo on dinner Thursday night in Kyoto
 It did rain on us a little bit in Kyoto

The next morning we took off for more sites. I will post more pictures on my picture account and put a link on here, when I have more time next week to make it proper. But for now here are a few of the pictures.
Everyone enjoy your holiday week end, and Happy Memorial Day to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment