Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tokyo Classes

I am taking an 8 hour class entitled Touring Tokyo. My first class was on Tuesday. A Japanese lady is teaching it, her name is Yuriko. She speaks fairly good English but she is quite annoying. On our tables are notebooks full of information about Tokyo, for us to read. Well Yuriko just READS it to us!!! To me that is not teaching, just hand me the notebook, I CAN READ !! Plus coming from a non native English speaker, her inflection on certain words are difficult to understand. She said several times, that the U-ROPE-INS really like this,,, that. FINALLY dawned on mean she meant Europeans !!!
Of course she has ALL of the Temples that are in or around Tokyo with tips to us on the proper etiquette of visiting them. Take your shoes off, always wear sleeves, etc. THEN she goes on to tell us that NEVER EVER walk directly down the middle of the entrance to a temple---UNLESS,,, UNLESS you are "deity". When you are NOT deity you should walk on the side of the entrance going into the Temples. Well I am thinking,,,,, Hell I can do it, I am DEITY (Steve tells me this all the time!!) so I can walk right down the middle!!! Rules like this drive me nuts, but I guess since I am in THEIR country, I should respect what their RULES!!

I am learning a lot of places we should go here in Tokyo, and I want to visit a lot of them. By the end of this class I will be ready to have VISITORS!!! I think Trapper and Shane will be our first in early May.

No comments:

Post a Comment