Friday, October 11, 2013

Oh Me oh My !!! I have been ABSENT!!

I do have a fairly good excuse.  Computers were not all working, and then I was gone and am still gone away from home. The last week my time has been spoken for by four darling little girls!! 

I got my brand new car on my birthday!! Her name is Bella, and she is beautiful!!!! She is much smarter than me, and boy does she go fast!!! Two days after we put her in our garage, Steve takes off on a 2 week trip to Asia, and I strike out for Kansas!!! The first day I drove her 719 miles, thinking that was about half way! I stopped in Indy for the night and boy was I tired!! The next morning I woke up and struck out again, with my destination being Winfield!! Driving through boring eastern Illinois this young KID with a uniform and a cop car decides to check out my new car!!! Boy was he young. He just tells me I am going 82 in a 60!!! ha!!! Little does he know she will go faster than THAT!! All he did was ask for my drivers license and write me up a ticket. He really did not even check her out that much!! So from then on I had to slow her down some!!! I finally arrived in Winfield around 6:30 pm, and had driven 712 miles the second day!! ha.. Pretty good guess on stopping wouldn't you say?? I had not punched in Winfield until the second day, it makes it seem to long when you have the whole trip in there at once!!  

I took Daddy and Mother to Wichita for lunch the next day, we stopped at Lowes, and then his sister Shirley's new house!! On Friday night Liza, Mother and I took off to the Drury Inn in Wichita for a little sister/daughter/ mother night!! Needless to say there was some shopping involved in this trip also. I had slow Mother, and crippled foot Liza with me, and we did GREAT!! 




I then took off for Kansas City to keep Stella and Sydney while Jonathan had late night meetings, and Jennifer went to San Diego.  The girls were awesome and I really enjoyed seeing them in their own element, with OUT their parents!! They could not have been better. Sydney did have a few moments she missed her Mom and Dad, but we were able to skate over that. Steve also arrived to have some time with Syd and Stella. Stella sure does love him alot!! She likes him much better than me, but again when he is not around she likes me!  We all went to Emily Jo's roller skating 5th birthday party on Saturday. Steve went around the rink a few times, and so did I with the help of Betsy. Man, I figured it would be like riding a bike,,,,, you never forget!! ha,, NO that is not the way it is!!












That night all the adults went out to a great restaurant on the Plaza and pigged out on MEAT!! Joni and Joey, Seph's parents, Kristi, Jonathan, Betsy's newlywed neighbors Brandon and Hannah all joined us. Needless to say we had a great time. 

Jonathan and Jen then took off for a few nights down in Arkansas, and Steve left back for New York. Syd and Stella and I all did great!! They are so much fun. Syd and I made a haunted house gingerbread house!!  Jonathan and Jen had a great time on their trip, they hiked and zip lined, rested, and had some great meals.

I am now waiting on round number 2 of grandkids!!! Betsy and Seph are leaving for a treehouse in Missouri today, and I will have Emily Jo and Audrey for  a long week end. They are a lot of fun to be around also, and I am sure it will all go smoothly. 
Ok,, that is it for now from Sass!! 
Next week I will be in Winfield for the week, and then the week end is my high school reunion. Steve and I will then drive Bella back to New York, sometime the week of October 22nd!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment