Monday, September 2, 2013

Fun week end with Syd, Stella, Jonathan and Jen`

We had our first guests this week end!! Jonathan and family arrived around 4 pm on Wednesday. This was after having to stop in Albany for a huge thunder storm that arrived over Newark airport about 20 minutes before they were due to land!! They had to divert to Albany for gas!!! I was of course already at the airport.... and was being deluged with rain!!! Steve had come home early to meet them, and when I talked to him, he could not understand WHY they were being diverted. ha... it was not raining very hard at our house, but 6 miles away, I was in a huge storm!!! Anyway---- I came home, then Steve went to pick them up ---- all was well by 5 pm. Boy were they starving!!! Luckily I had spaghetti ready to feed them. We then went on a long walk and this is what Stella thought of this long walk by the time we headed home...



We went one day to the Newport area of Jersey City. This is where we lived for the first month while here. It is awesome the improvements they have done in this area.  This beach is awesome and the girls loved it!!






My little beauty queen!!


Of course the pool was a big hit also.  





Jonathan and Jen headed to the US Open on Friday---Steve and I had the girls for the whole day, we loved it!! Stella liked Steve more than me, and Syd and I were best buds all day long.  




The day before they arrived, there was a beautiful (almost) double rainbow over the Hudson River, and shinning on Brooklyn.





2 comments:

  1. We had an awesome time and Syd's already planning her next trip. It really is amazing what jersey city has done for the kids. Beach, playgrounds, splash park and tons of other kids, a few even spoke English!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics and stories! Diney

    ReplyDelete