My summer started out ---landing in KCI being picked up by the nicest man and taking to Jonathans home to meet Stella Lou Butters!!! While I had seen pictures of her, it was NOTHING compared to holding her in my arms. What another beauty we have. Steve and I are so blessed with 5 gorgeous granddaughters, and one handsome grandson. I was able to spend the evening with Stella and Sydney. Sydney had grown so much and was just jabbering away all the time. She has a very sweet disposition, and totally loves her Daddy!!! She screams out loud when he walks in the door, runs and leaps into his arms. It is so cute, I guess she has even become MORE close to him, once Stella was in the pictures. In her mind, she is trying to make sure, that SHE, Sydney Jane Butters, will be the ONLY 'little girl' in his life!! ha,,,, she will learn.
After one night with Jonathan, I took off to Betsy's to see her girls. Audrey had progressed so much it was so nice to see her in person. Emily Jo, was still a ball of fire, and just as sweet as she can be--- IF she chooses!!! She for sure has her own personality and sometimes her own agenda!!! We tag teamed with Joni who had been watching the girls that week end, while Seph and Betsy were in Hermann Missouri, for an early 5 year anniversary celebration. The girls were very good for us that day, and it was a joy to keep them.
The next day I took off for Winfield, and my first stop was to see my buddy Ralphie. Well, while he was very excited to see me, he would NOT sit on my lap, he clearly has a better time right now with "his' Grandma!!!
Early the next morning Mother, Daddy and I took off for Naples Florida. Our flight to Ft. Meyers was delayed about 2 hours, so Mother and I found some chairs to stretch out on in the airport. Finally our flight took off, and we were greeted by Angel and Buddie arriving in the Rolls Royce!! ha,, What a great way to be picked up. The stares you get are awesome!!! We had a great time in Naples visiting. One night Mother Daddy and I took a boat out in the ocean/lake to look back on the Naples sunset. It was a relaxing time for all of us.
After Naples I trekked back to KC to pick up Steve at KCI. He was able to meet Stella, and he was not disappointed. We then took off again to Winfield for some visiting and a family type reunion. We were able to squeeze in a night with Steves brothers and Mom and all the nieces and nephews that could come. It was a perfect night in Winfield and we were even able to sit outside. The weather had been brutally hot for so long, it was one of the first nights it finally had 'broken'. The following night we had about 46 people at my parents house. It was great to see everyone that was there. Steve and I also took a small 'break' before coming to Winfield, and met up with my cousin Susan and Don Sayler in Wichita. We had a great visit with them, and a relaxing night in a hotel. Then we went on to Winfield.
On Steves last week in USA we ran an Oompah and Sass daycare!!! We had Audrey and Stella all week the first week. They could NOT have been better. They are both very easy to keep, and Audrey is on a great schedule, naps in the morning for a little while, and a long one in the afternoon. Steve decided he would go on Audrey's schedule, and nap when she does!!! Stella was not so much on a sleep 'schedule' but she did awesome!!! We were also able-- one night have an adult dinner with Jen, Jonathan, Seph, and Betsy. No KIDS, it was a great night, and we all ate too much!!
Steve had to leave after two weeks to head back to Tokyo. I had one more week of just Sass's daycare with Stella. Again she did fantastic, and I loved every minute I had with her.
Soon my time in USA was over--- it always goes so quickly. One day of the last week I was keeping Stella--- Bo, Cyndi and the kids were coming through KC back to St. Louis from Winfield. We were able to meet up for a quick lunch with them. I was so happy to get to see them, just wish it could have been longer. They are so busy this summer with trips, camp, soccer, and now school, that it is very difficult to get them 'pinned' down. I totally understand, and love to hear about their adventures.
I arrived back in Tokyo on the 29th of August and was home for 2 days, then off to Hong Kong. That is where I am now, and it is so brutally hot and humid here, the camera lens fogs up constantly, and you just drip sweat when out walking. I was out for about 2 hours this morning, and am now contemplating going out again. Steve is in meetings all day long, and the other spouses that were coming had to back out, so I am about the only spouse here.
I must say thank you to all that housed, fed, and did my laundry for the summer. You are all truly loved and certainly made our stay in the USA easier.
Oh yeah, and on my next to last day in USA --Betsy ran her first 5K!!!! Very proud of her, running has never been 'my thing' but she sure loves it!! Here is a picture of her at the house after she had ran.
No comments:
Post a Comment