Friday, April 6, 2012

Holidays in Japan

I tell you Japan has more holidays than WORK days it seems like!!! Steve informed over the week end there is a holiday on May 3rd and 4th,  "Lets go to Okinawa!!  Look for a hotel"-- "I will have Beniko book the tickets"!! I thought--- I can do that.   Now mind you ----this is a national holiday, so I was quickly finding out the hotels are booked. So I kept scouring and finally found one I thought would suit us----InterContinental Ishigaki Resort. It looked great to me, had awesome views, pool, spa, and was not far from airport, centrally located in the town of Ishigaki in Okinawa Japan. I sent Steve the link, and he says,, BOOK IT!! So I booked it as fast as I could------ because according to the web site they had 2 rooms left!! HOT DOG,, we got it. 


I then slowed down on the pressure of booking a hotel----- was reading a little more about this Ishigaki!! Well, Okinawa is a STRING of ISLANDS in Japan, and Nah is the 'big city' in Okinawa on the 'main' island!! Hummmm,,, the more I looked the more I thought,,,,YIKES we may NOT be traveling to the right island!!?? I quickly called Steve and after him talking with Beniko---- yes Ishigaki is the southern most island of Okinawa islandS,,, and it was an hour FLIGHT  from Nah--where Beniko was going to book us to fly to!! THANKFULLY she had NOT made the flight reservations, and we were able to make the flights to Ishigaki!!




 So we are not really going to Okinawa,,(or are we??) but we are going to Ishigaki Island---The more I have read about it the more I think this might be a great MISTAKE. 

Ishigaki is suppose to have wonderful views of the South China Seas, and the birds and wildlife are incredible, along with some of the best scuba diving in the world!! (not sure we will do that)  Well--- Bo ALWAYS knew I was not very good at geography!! But we might have quite the adventure out of this MISTAKE.  
We leave on May 3, and staying until the 6th!! 


Kind of a caveat to this--- if you will, would have been IF we had arrived in Nah, Japan (Okinawa) on Wednesday night--waiting for the Intercontinental shuttle to take us to our hotel!! Because there are NO rooms in Okinawa for that particular week end. So good thing I CAUGHT this!! ha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment