Wednesday, April 11, 2012

For HOW LONG???

I received notice from Shiroyama the other day, telling me they wanted to come up to our place and repair some damage done by "THE GREAT EARTHQUAKE"!!!          ***Thinking to myself, I lost some wine glasses, a glass vase, our TV was scratched, and a few other things, but not sure they can FIX that***. 


So I said,, sure,, what time?? 9:30 on Wednesday morning!!! So at 9:30 on the dot, the bell rang--at my door are 5 nicely uniformed young Japanese men, saying "Ohio Gasimas Butters-san"-- and bowing!! I "Ohio Gasimas" them back, and let them in.  


They proceed to spread out tarps, take down all pictures on the entrance wall, remove all knick knacks on the table, and I am thinking,, hummmmm,, Ok!!!


 It was also the day Luisa is here, and she is in the bathroom cleaning. I go tell her-- to do what she can, because I have no IDEA what they are going to do---she obviously could not vacuum!!! I left----and wished Luisa well!!! ha!!


I came home about 2 pm and this what I walked into. Plus new cuts of wallpaper on the floor. (that is wall paper on our walls, they are NOT just painted!! 



All of my 'stuff' from the entrance hall was put in the living room, spread out, on a tarp mind you!!




So I get to looking around, and with a puzzled look as in my BEST Japanese where is the DAMAGE??
Ha,, can you see that little 'gap' where it has kind of pulled away from the doors?? THAT is the kind of "damage' we had!!!!****YES, PLEASE FIX THIS, I AM SO APPALLED***** 




So they are here today until 4:30 and Rose comes up to let me know they are finished for the day. I say----there is MORE??? OH YES---- we have your apartment scheduled for 5 more days of all day WORK!!!! ???? I kid you not, the above picture shows the "damage"----Small 'pulls' on either a seam or where it meets the ceiling!!! There is one horizontal 'mark' in the hall, but I would NEVER have noticed it if I had not started looking!!! 


If this had been in New York, or New Jersey-----FUGGEEETTTABOUT IT!!! Sometimes the Japanese take 'fixing' things to a new level!!! They of course are very efficient, put things back, and clean up after their selves to where you do NOT even know they have been here.


So I guess I will be wandering the streets of Tokyo for the next few days---- sure hope it warms up. Stay tuned!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Japanese way of doing things!!! I think me and my OCD would do well there : ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete