Sunday, January 15, 2012

40 Years and counting

We had a very memorable and relaxing time in Phuket!! We spoiled ourselves with all things wonderful in life!! Told memorable stories, had many massages, facials, drank awesome wine, ate some wonderful food, saw beautiful sunsets, read books, went swimming, did a little shopping, and totally enjoyed the week. I am sure neither one of us will ever forget it.


New Years Eve we arrived at our villa around 11 in the morning. We barely had time to unpack---before we both had pedicures, and manicures. I had some 'waxing' done,, which was not fun, however it had to be done!! The spa people come to our villa, so it is really nice!! They bring all their goodies and massage tables to set up.  Once that was behind us, we totally relaxed with a bottle of Cakebread white wine.  There was a New Years Eve dance/dinner at the villa we will attend at the Pavilion Resort.  The food was terrible, I do not think I have tasted lobster I could NOT eat,,,the steak was way over done, and it was NOT a good sign of our week to come!!!!  However, we are glad it happened that first night because then we KNEW we would be eating outside of the resort for EVERY meal. Tokyo is two hours before Phuket time wise, so we decided to celebrate midnight at 10 PM Thai time!! We kissed, and went back to our own villa!!! We opened another bottle of wine, slipped in our pool, and watched fantastic fireworks over the Andaman Sea!! It was PERFECT!!     



Our other days were spent doing exactly what we wanted, and I had an oil massage, facial, another oil massage, hot stone massage, and another facial. Steve had an oil massage, facial, and a Thai massage--with OUT oil!! He loved it. Our massages and treatments were fantastic!! 


The resort was very very hilly, so you had to call a 'buggy' to come pick you up anytime you went out. They were right there when you called, to take you where ever you went.  


As you can tell we had a MARVELOUS time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment