Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dodged a bullet???

I am not sure what happened to Tokyo and typhoon Talas, but needless to say it did not hit here!!








I was all so ready to have some excitement here in Tokyo--- weather wise,, the USA Embassy was sending out --Urgent Messages---so I was believing them all the way!!! I rounded up our flashlights, and batteries--just had to go to my emergency earthquake pack--and of course the grocery store and WINE store!!!  


We waited Friday night---nothing---went out to dinner on Saturday night still nothing!! However, by the time Steve had to walk Ralphie on Saturday night, it started pouring down!!! He had no choice but to take him.  They were both soaked by the time they came in.  We are thinking this is IT,,, here it comes. We went to bed thinking it would rain all night, and perhaps would see 'rivers' on the streets of Tokyo Sunday morning.  NOTHING!! 


Anytime I found a website about Talas it only gave us the latitude and longitude of the storm!! LIKE that helps!! We laugh about USA and their over coverage of storms, believe me---Japan is just the OPPOSITE!! You know NOTHING!!! 


Talas did hit in western Japan, we found out on Monday morning, and it was pretty severe.  Lots of homes damaged, and 20 some odd deaths.   
Next time they tell us a typhoon is coming I am NOT going to do anything!! Let it rain, I will see it when it comes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment