Christmas is just 4 days a way, and I am starting to have pangs of guilt. I am on the brink of tears when I think of all the planning that I am usually doing at this time of year. The only plan I have made is for us to get on a plane and go to of all places Cambodia!!!! I am now feeling very selfish about this decision--just because I did not want to make ----the always complicated plans to be with our entire family and friends in a set amount of time. I should be happy that I have this 'problem' and embrace it.
While I know my family will all have a good time without us, and the holiday spirit will be in all, we will still miss participating in all the fun. I am pretty sure if I put this in words, I can look back at it next year when it comes time to finalize holiday plans.
I think of all the military families that will be with out their loved ones, and it warms my heart to know that our 3 children and their kids will be getting together on their own, several days after Christmas. It really does not matter WHEN you get to see each other, the point is they DO !! Our family has been so blessed---we are all healthy and happy--what more could we ask for??
We will be alright in Cambodia and I am sure have a good time. NONE of our family members will be far from our thoughts. We wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! We will look forward to the next time we are together.
We love you all, and do not worry about us!!!!! SOMEONE in CAMBODIA will be thinking of you all WEEK END !!! (bet you never thought you could SAY that!!)
Love you all!!!
Sally and Steve too!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment