Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My First---

I know grocery stores have had self scanning now for years. I must admit I do love it---- mainly because I do not have to interact with the grocery clerks that work around here. THAT is another story, -- they are a different breed here in Jersey City. Rude, non-attentive-uncaring- are just a few of the descriptions I can come up with off the top of my head. So I have loved going through the self scan check out now for years. I always do it.

Today my grocery store started a new thing called 'scan and go'. It was pretty neat, and I am sure you have read about them. You scan your shop card when you get to the store, then a hand held scanner lights up and you take it with you around the store. You can shop, scan and then sack your groceries as you go. It makes it much easier, I think, to use your own bags.( I always have such a hard time fitting the groceries in it as I scan them.) It was really neat, cause it is one less time you have to lift the groceries up.

When you are through shopping, head to the self scan check out, punch done, a screen pops up with your groceries purchased on it. Pay as usual, grab your printed receipt and head to the car. Groceries already SACKED !!

I loved it----only have to lift cokes to cart and car!!


I am sure my Dad, Mother or Mother-in-law would NOT use it, but I can see this definatley catching on all over the country. I am sure it will be at your local grocer before the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. I CAN HARDLY WAIT UNTIL THAT COMES TO KANSAS!!! I was just IN LINE for one of the self check outs yestereday. There is a "group of four machines" and I was next to which ever one opened up and this lady tried cutting in front of me claiming I wasn't in a line - needless to say I got the next available machine - HA! Emily needed to get home to nap - tired girl!

    ReplyDelete