Sunday, June 2, 2013

On the road

Well we spent the first few days in Winfield, visiting parents and siblings. We had an all American delicious dinner of steak corn on cob and baked potato at Jim and Brenda's. it was perfect!! Then one night at Wayne and Dineys having pork loin fresh veggies and very fresh asparagus from Liza's garden. We also had fresh strawberries from Wayne and Dineys garden!! Then another night of burgers at Betsy and Seph's with JW and family. Needless to say we have been eating well!!!  

One day Mother daddy and I went to Target for a few hours. 

Saturday was the day of a big half marathon that Betsy and Jen ran. They both did awesome !! Betsy 2:05 Jen 2:15!! Steve nor I had ever been to a race     before so it was fun. We missed Betsy crossing finish line...too many people.. But we did see Jen!!  We then spent the day with all KC kids at JW's house.  It was a perfect day!! JW took advantage of having some muscles (Seph) at his house. They downed a small tree, and installed 2 concrete benches in their yard. Steve supervised them along with being the master at pushing Syd and Emily in the swing. 

Friday night I will admit I hit a wall big time!!


 Steve and I went down to crown center and stayed at the Westin.We were able to wake up early and go straight to start of race. I will say these last few weeks have been very stressful!! Both of us had felt it big time!! I know we have a way to go before we are settled in our home and I sure hope the stress eases up some. You just do not realize it until it hits you....like it did me on Friday night. Between jet lag and the stress I had had it!!! We were both able to get a pretty good nights sleep that night so it was worth it PLUS I did not have to have a total meltdown. Steve was very understanding and for that I am grateful. 

It is Sunday now and we are on our way to St. Lois to see Olivia play soccer and spend some time with them. 

Also on Friday Betsy and I had the afternoon to do some shopping. Fortunately or NOT depending on who you are Betsy had to go to the Apple store!! Yikes!!! You can guess what that did to me!!! Ha!!! Had to have an upgrade  on my IPhone ... Love it too!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment