Monday, June 25, 2012

What have we been doing??

Well, we have been keeping busy. I am still in trying to get all my photos over to Flcker, and trying to do it right this time, but organizing them. They can sure get out of hand if you do not do it right when you load them. That is my motto this year for pictures. Tag, and organize them the same DAY you download them.

I can not believe it is almost 4th of July, and I am NOT in the USA!! I know my time will come but it just seems like I should be there now. 
Steve and I have been doing our usual thing---going out to EAT!! ha!! Last Saturday evening take off about 4 pm for Shibuya. We are never in that area during the night time, and I have been wanting to do that. Our first 5 minutes there, I am saying,,, "WHY did I want to do this"??? I realized WHY, we are not there on a Saturday at 5 pm!! CROWDED, and crazy looking people EVERYWHERE!! We found a place for a glass of wine, and beer quickly, and that helped!!  After our beverages we struck out in the crowds again. We made our way AWAY from all the crowds getting ready for a 'hot Saturday' night!! We ended up by the 'love hotels'!! They are rooms in this back street alley way, that are literally 'love' hotels. No other way to describe them, I have HEARD the rooms have all kinds of 'themes'----jungle, circle beds, Hawaiian,etc.---that you can choose how you want to spend a few hours!! (or minutes depending on your stamina!!)  We decided we did not need to partake in that activity, so we wandered more. Next thing we knew we were out of Shibuya, and had not a clue where we were!!  Quickly resolved that, Steve's way, and hopped in a cab for Akasaka area. Ahhh,,more our style, still a little crowded, but not near the 'quirky X generation'.  What to do? Well, we found another BAR!! It was a whisky bar, really a cool bar actually. I had my normal glass of red wine, and Steve had a beer. We were actually just having a great time, relaxing and watching the crowds. The evening was beautiful. No humidity, and about 75 degrees.  After our refreshments we decided it was time to pick a place to eat. After much discussion, (Hooters was NOT what I had in mind for Sat. dinner!!) we settled on a pizza place with outdoor tables on the main street. It was fantastic!! We felt like we were seeing some night life--- other than Roppongi---and the pizza was perfect. We had a nice conversation, of all of our trips we have planned for September, and October, and our visitors to come in late October and November. Once this summer is over, we hit the airports for a LOT of travel!!! One ticket we have is around the world!! Hong Kong, Singapore, London, San Diego, and back to Tokyo!! woohoooeeee, we are either gluttons for punishment or LUCKY people not real sure what it is!!!

Steve leaves on Wednesday for a quick trip to NYC. He comes back on Sunday, and most of his time while there he is in meetings. I will hold the fort down here in Tokyo waiting for his return!!

No comments:

Post a Comment