Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Post Office,, maybe !!

I was so proud of myself!! I had gotten Cyndi's birthday present EARLY, and had fixed up a package of some 'goodies' for the kids to put in this box. It was going to get to St. Louis in plenty of time for her birthday!!! (I so totally missed Bo's this year I was NOT going to let that happen again!!) I crammed all this stuff in a box, took it to the post office here in Japan.---- Y4700 yen later the box is on its way,,,,,well ,, maybe !!!!

The next evening I received a phone call on my cell, with this guy jibbering in Japanese,,,etaaa deska, com simim, SALLY BUTTERS des ka??? I say,,, HAI,, HAI Sally Butters, but NO NIHON,,, EGO, arrigoto ONLY !! HE spews again, and says my name, and all I can do is repeat myself. We finally both decide this is not going to get us anywhere, so we hang up. I am puzzled as to who this is.

Next morning,,,, my phone rings again--Hello--a LADY is saying,,,, des,, ka Sally Butters,,,, mor itey ALCOHOL,,,,eka ,,, tahhh ,, post office,,,,Sally Butters,,,ALCOHOL?? Hummm,,I FINALLY get it -----it IS the post office, but am saying,, NO ALCOHOL,, NO ALCOHOL!!! HAI HAI HAI she says,,, then she starts spewing again !! I have no clue what she is saying. So the NEXT day I had just come up from a walk, and the intercom downstairs is dinging for me. I answer house phone, and see on the camera---that is it 2 Japanese in post office uniform--VOILA with my package to Cyndi. I tell them to sumimasen,,,, I will be right down !!

So we take our HORRIBLE communication problem to our concierge at the front desk. AFTER much jibbering between them, she tells me it showed ALCOHOL in the contents of the package via an x-ray!!! YES it was PERFUME but not alcohol,, per say !!! Well it can not be shipped.

Then for them to refund me the Y4700 yen is also another story. It supposedly is in the MAIL !! I am sure I will get it, and will re-try on the 'goodie' package to the kids, but Cyndi is just going to have to wait on her ALCOHOL--until I can bring it to her. They did tell me I could send it via SEA if I wanted to. HA that would probably be about 470000 YEN !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment